Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fashion Illustration 2: Mermaid Gown

After creating The Red Gown, I was inspired to create another fashion illustration. As the temperatures warmed up, I was inspired to create a beach-themed look.

Looking back at some of my prints, I realized that a mermaid-inspired look was perfect for this theme!

© Mermaid Linocut by Abigail Davidson, Size: 8x10 inches (image)
© Mermaid by Abigail Davidson; Medium: Linocut Print; Size: 12x12 inches (image)


This is what evolved:


© Mermaid Gown by Abigail Davidson; Size: 8x10 inches; Mediums: Color pencil, watercolor, marker, acrylic, stamp ink


© Mermaid Gown by Abigail Davidson; View 2

Do you have any mermaid or fashion-inspired art? Feel free to share in the comments below.

Happy Illustrating!

2 comments:

  1. Both of your mermaids are beautiful and the lino cut stamp is AWEsome!! :D
    Not art as such, but I did a tag one week last year, and wrote the poem, for the Tag Tuesday challenge I take part in. If you'd like to see it Abigail, it's here http://www.flickr.com/photos/65345361@N02/7686405772/in/set-72157629898358493
    Half way through the week already - I hope you have some nice plans for the weekend :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mo!

      Just checked out your tag. I love the poem and pearl details. Thank you for sharing.

      Thanks Mo, hope you have a relaxing weekend as well!

      Delete